Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Patience


I have never thought of myself as a patient person, truth be told. I like to talk fast and move quickly, I read fast, I prefer to shop fast, I think fast...see what I mean? The act of slowing down does not come naturally to me. Last week, going through chemo for the first time with Madeline and being at the hospital for four days, I felt I had purpose. It almost felt good to sit and absorb all of this information, to care for Madeline, to figure out how to fight this awful cancer that is inside my baby. Honestly, it is hard to look at and think about the the treatment plan because it is so long. It is overwhelming. Why does fighting cancer takes so long? I need to have patience.

We are home this week and Madeline is feeling better. The nausea seems to be over, she is sleeping well, she is bored. The next two weeks are her recovery weeks before three weeks and more three rounds of chemo. I feel pressure to make the days count but it feels strange to be home and not in my classroom, to have meals delivered, to sleep in, and putter around the house all day. What is my purpose? Everything is moving so slowly. I want to hurry this part up, so it can be over sooner! 

Speaking of patience, the #madelinestrong bracelets will not be delivered until next week. If you want one, please use the google form linked at the bottom of my post, as it is the easiest way for everyone to keep up. If you already signed up, we will send them out as soon as we get them. Madeline is working on a t-shirt design too. I can't wait to share it with all of her prayer warriors.

Thank you for blessing our family in so many ways. We are so appreciative of your kindness. Please pray Madeline continues to feel strong, that we all have patient hearts while we wait, and that when her hair starts to fall out in the next few days/weeks, she will still feel beautiful. 

To order #madelinestrong bracelets: https://goo.gl/5a26j7

No comments:

Post a Comment