Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday

I am sorry this is just getting posted. I thought I hit publish earlier tonight but it must have not gone through!

Madeline made counts at clinic yesterday and she was admitted mid-morning for chemo. I prayed hard for patience yesterday because each week things seem to get more and more delayed and truth be told, my patience is definitely running thin. We were happily surprised that they were able to get the chemo in record time with NO DELAYS, and it ran from 4-8pm last night. 

Madeline started feeling bad as soon as it started. I think at this point some of it is psychological, and the first week seems to always be worse than the second. I think she is feeling so good and then her little body just gets angry about the big disruption. Brad stayed with her last night so I could pick up my mom from the airport and take her to the house. She slept through much of today, but I would rather her sleep than feel miserable. I am staying with her tonight, although I am a little worried she will have her days and nights turned around with all this resting today. This is the chemo you have to clear to go home; so our prayer is always that she clears it quickly, with no side effects, and that we will be home on Friday so she can enjoy the weekend before another round of the same next week. Some of her blood work came back a little funky tonight so they will retest her in the morning. If you happen to read this tonight, please pray it was just an error and all will be right in the morning. Just THREE more inpatient weeks to go!!

One of Madeline's good friends, Maddison, brought this awesome sweatshirt blanket home from Pine Cove for Madeline last week.  The girls went to camp there last summer and are hoping to return this summer. When we registered last summer for this summer, we had no idea all of this would happen, so it's something our families have been praying about, especially the Maddies. We requested to switch to a session later in the summer so that Madeline would have more time to recover, and the girls are at the top of the waiting list, but so far no luck switching. As I watch her all wrapped up in that blanket today, I'm asking if you would please pray she will get to go to Pine Cove this summer. It is something she is really looking forward to, and she's already given up so much, so I really want it for her. She's just so sweet and never complains or asks for anything. That has always been her way. So when she does ask for something, you just have to do it, and this one means a lot!

As always thank you for all the sweet texts, calls, prayers and good thoughts! We are so grateful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment