Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Couch life and crutches


No big news here. Madeline is doing well, despite being stuck on the couch. She definitely thinks couch-life and crutches are overrated. She isn't taking any more pain meds - she is truly #madelinestrong!  

Thursday we will go for a follow-up with the orthopedic surgeon. We are hoping he will let her put some weight on her left leg, and change to a lighter and less restrictive splint. The way her leg is wrapped now makes everything hard!  After that appointment she will have her weekly clinic visit for blood work at the oncologist and hopefully they will have her pathology report. Praying so hard for a high necrosis rate from the tumor they removed. I know her oncology doctors are anxious to resume chemo, and most likely it will be next week if the surgeon signs off on it. This would give us the best chance of being home for Christmas.  

For now she is watching Christmas movies and working on school work. Thank goodness for ABC family and the Hallmark channel. She did manage to scoot her way up the stairs this afternoon and was happy to spend time in her room. 

I did want to share that my FMLA days ran out and I had to resign from my teaching position a few weeks ago. Please say an extra prayer for my sweet first grade students and for my team. I miss my school family so much. I am thankful that I saved almost every penny I made in the last four years for college (well, there might have been a few cruises in there) but that income was always extra. Brad has an amazing job with fabulous health insurance that supports us, so we will be okay. I am praying that I will be able to return to teaching next year when Madeline is a cancer-free 8th grader!

Thank you for continuing to pray for Madeline. We are so thankful for you all. We feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment